Friday, December 4, 2009

My Best Friend (Layout)

Ok, so at the end of October, Jeanie gave me some 7gypsies stuff to work with and I was at a loss of what to make (I always have so much going on!). BUT....The Vicotira 8x8 2-sided paper scrapbook pack..is SO ME! :) I love the feminine designs and the vintage-y feel of it. :) I never ONCE thought I would be a "vintage" girl, but Jeanie and Stephanie Howell--not to mention Miss Jenni Bowlin have all inspired me in this area. When you have inspiration--it is hard not to love what you are looking at. :)

So, here is a story of this layout- The picture was taken in August of 2006. We went on a camping trip with my parents...that could have very easily been a nightmare. At the time, my mom had just gotten her transplant 7 months before and was still very hard to be around at time (now this has all changed...LIFE really has a way of turning itself around and showing each of us really matters....PRIDE isn't one of them!). Jon was around 7 and still in a not so "wanting-to-listen" mood most of the time AND he was a little boy and little boys are a little wild. :) BTW-we didn't have our little princess yet...that would happen in June the following year. ;)
We made the most of it and Garth and I have ALMOST no pics together since having children. :) So, while having breakfast, I had my camera right in front of me and then decided to take some pics. I am one of those people, now, that has almost perfected (at least for me) the art of the picture without a photographer. I am the only one that usually takes the pics so I have had to learn this if I want to be part of things in a pic and I don't have anyone to help me. :)

Ok, so I should probably share a little bit of me with you. Like most of you, my husband is my best friend. We have been through everything together (you have NO idea--and NO adultery isn't one of them--I am not, nor is he, that type of person) and are closer now than we have been...ever. :) When I hear this song, by Mr. Tim McGraw...it really touches my heart and I really feel like the words explain what I feel. :) It is one of my faves! :) So, here are the lyrics...do they touch you too?

My Best Friend- Tim McGraw

I never had no one-I could count on-I've been let down so many times-I was tired of hurtin'-So tired of searchin'-'Til you walked into my life-It was a feelin'-I never known-And for the first time-I didn't feel alone.

You're more than a lover-There could never be another-To make me feel the way you do-Oh we just get closer-I fall in love all over-Everytime I look at you-I don't know where I'd be-Without you here with me-Life with you makes perfect sense-You're my best friend- You're my best friend, oh yeah.

You stand by me-You believe in me-Like nobody ever has-When my world goes crazy-You're right there to save me-You make me see how much I have-And I still tremble-When we touch-And,oh, the look in your eyes-When we make love.

You're more than a lover-There could never be another-To make me feel the way you do-Oh we just get closer-I fall in love all over-Everytime I look at you-I don't know where I'd be-Without you here with me-Life with you makes perfect sense-You're my best friend-You're my best friend

So, here is what I used: 7Gypsies- Victoria 8x8 Scrapbook paper pack, Memories 97% sticker, Ranger Glossy Accents and Vintage Photo Distress ink pad, popdots, Memento marker (for journaling)

2 comments: