Monday, September 20, 2010

My Girl Layout

So this is one of the fave pics of me and Sasha:


I remember the day like it was yesterday, but it was actually earlier this year in February. :) I was in charge of the Valentine's Day party in Jon's class and came up with cookie decorating as one of the activities. :) I needed to make 30 sugar heart shaped cookies. I started around 10:30pm. Sasha had gone to bed around 9pm. I thought she was asleep, but after Jon and Garth went to bed I heard her door open. Then she came walking into the kitchen...I was not sure if she ever went to sleep that night. Hmmm....I guess we will never know. I asked her if she would like to help me and of course she said, "Yes, Mama!". LOL! Why did I ask?

I will tell you my daughter does everything like her mother....with passion and zest! :) That translates into a mess at times. Sasha had flour EVERYWHERE! :) Then, of course, she saw the camera and wanted to take a pic. I took some of just her, but then I was like....I would like some pics of me and her. So, I held out the camera and snapped a few of us. ;)

I started this LO with just the pic and then everything fell together. :) It is one of my faves. :) I think i use pink and femininity on my LO's of Sasha because she is such a tomboy and it is the only time I can use my girly stuff! HA! :) I keep getting told this will change soon. I, actually don't mind it....I like that she doesn't fit the mold all the other little girls do. She will be in martial arts instead of dance. She prefers UFC fights with the family instead of Disney Princesses. AND YOU KNOW WHAT???? It's all good! :)

What I used: The Girls' Paperie "Paper Girl" 12x12 die cut paper, Jenni Bowlin Studios (JBS) milk carton buttons, JBS butterflies with bling, JBS pearl flowers, JBS bingo cards,  Creative Imaginations Journaling Card, Making Memories Alpha Letters, Heidi Swapp Stamp, Bling from Michael's Dollar Bin, Thread, Chalk Ink.

Thanks for stopping! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the story and the LO! Awesome, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a precious moMeNt that Miss Sasha woNt forget with her loviNg MotHeR who said "yes" in helpiNg make cookies aNd was kiNd aNd patieNt in teachiNg her how. What an adoRable LO ((Hugs)) aNd
    ~Blessed Be fRoM the 'hobbit house' of Poetic GaRdeN, kAtiE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece of work, and your butterflys are so pretty. what a talent

    ReplyDelete