Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine's Chipboard Mini Album

Four more days until Valentine's Day! It's just all but snuck up on me this year. I'm happy that I did have enough time to create something----although at first, I was not sure it was going to be a Valentine's Day gift. But as I worked on it, I knew it had to be.

We (my hubby and I) are very happy and lucky to be together this year. Last year, we were not as happy and pretty much on our way to a divorce. Thank God for second chances, forgiveness, and what I believe now is True Love. Hmm...sounds corny, but we got through some pretty bad decisions last year and it would have broken a lesser than True Love.

I am going to go right into what I used for this album and then share it after.

I used Pink Paislee's "Sweetness" Collection for most of the mini-album. The items I used from the collection are:
- "Sweetness" Chipboard Album
- "Sweetness" Glitter Sticker Elements (They are the blue ones.)
- "Sweetness" Cardstock Stickers
- "Sweetness" Doodads (They are the felt stickers.)

The paper I used for covering the inner chipboard pages are from the My Mind's Eye by Jen Wilson's "Totally Girl" 180 sheet paper pad.

I also used my bling "stash" for all of the bling and pearl "bling" on the pages.  I used ribbon from my ribbon "stash" for tying to the binder ring. The binder ring was one that you can buy from the office section of Walmart.

The couple of pink notes that you see with "Us" and "Love" on them are from my Heidi Swapp stash. Yes---I have a Heidi Swapp stash---Don't judge!!

On the front cover, for a little extra glitzy-ness, I used "Smooch" metallic accent paints in Snicker doodle and Sassy Pink.

Basically for the album, I found pictures on Facebook and downloaded them to my computer. Then I sized them in Photoshop and printed them. I didn't have enough pictures for the whole album, so I came up with the idea of using some of the songs that remind us of, well---US---on the pages that didn't have pictures. I took parts of the songs and wrote them on the pages and embellished them.

I will lightly explain each page's pictures (i.e. when taken) or lyrics/song-although I'll let the lyrics speak for themselves....if you are able to read my writing.

Front Cover

Picture from Gibson Park- April 2014

Picture from 2014-Before a Date Night
Some lyrics from P!nk's "True Love"

Lyrics from Kenny Chesney's "You Save Me"
Picture is from 20+years ago

Picture from 1998-right before we got pregnant with Jon
Lyrics from Kenny Roger's "Through the Years"

Lyrics from Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough"
Picture from September 2010

Picture from Summer 2014
Lyrics from P!nk's "Just Give Me A Reason"

Lyrics from One Direction's "No Control"
Picture from 2010 
Pictures from September 2010 and Winter 2014

Picture from Spring 2014

I hope you have a beautiful Valentine's Day! 

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment