Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Champion Layout

Hi All! :) Oh, how I love sports and I love the ones my kids are in A LOT! :) Jon (my son), used to play every sport, but as time went on..he chose one....FOOTBALL. :) He loves it. :) He loves everything about it. :) He is a defensive player and is really good at it. :) He loves to get in there and take people down. As a mom, I have learned to get over seeing people push, run into, and ram into my kid. They are just doing their job and since I don't see other parents getting too upset when my son is doing his, well all is fair, right?

Jon's first year of Football for The Boys and Girls' Club was last year (2009). He played for two of the nicest guys ever. :) Those two guys were awesome to our boys. :)

I decided to take pics at our home that year, because the whole photography bit or even if we would have pictures done was not something that was even scheduled so I wanted to be safe.  I am a scrapbooker after all! LOL! :)

I look at this picture and can't believe how little Jon looked last year. It is also a reminder that he is not my little guy anymore. :( But....along with that comes hopes for the future and I think and hope I don't have to worry a whole lot about his. :)

I used Teresa Collins' Sports Edition line for this layout.  It is perfect for this type of layout. :) Besides the picture, I started with the quote that was originally framed. It is by Muhammad Ali.  It says: CHAMPIONS AREN'T MADE IN THE GYMS.  CHAMPIONS ARE MADE FROM SOMETHING THEY HAVE DEEP INSIDE THEM- A DESIRE, A DREAM, A VISION.   Wow, is that NOT the truth???

The only other thing I used on this layout that wasn't Teresa's? Were the gears from Tim Holtz's Idea-o-logy. Which really goes perfect with this line. :)

Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment