Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Me in 2010" Layout


Hey all! :) Well, I didn't get this layout posted yesterday as I had hoped. I had the pics done on Monday, but it was beautiful here in Great Falls and I had to go out and seize the day! :)

Again, I have used Jeanie's awesome digi goodness on this layout. I actually used the same paper I did for my "Togetherness" card. This time I just printed out as an 8x8. :) I then decided on a design. I am not a sketcher or even a planner when it comes to my scrapbooking and card making. I just let what I am working with inspire me. I got inspired by the leaves and nice spring green and natural colors in Jeanie's paper. Again, I cannot stress this enough...Jeanie's Digi paper is so easy to use and work with whether you are a hybrid scrapper (like me) or a full-on Digi Diva. :)

Anyways- I thought of what I am about right now in my life. Then I got an idea...we are so into the "using your stash" movement right now that I went to some K&Co Tags to Go that I had bought a long time ago. I, then, just started going through all of the tags and looking for words that just hit me as, "me".

I ended up with 12! :) Twelve words that really described me. If you care, they were: soar, teach, huggable, experience, reach, love, free, growth, relax, family, happiness, and laughter. To attach the tags I used brads that were mostly from Bo bunny.

I finished up the "Me in 2010" 8x8 design with some gold We R Memory Keepers Flourish rub-ons on opposite corners and on in the middle. :)

Now I had originally just had this as a 8x8 layout, but then I wanted to add a pic. I didn't want my pic to be the main focus though, so I printed it out small (about 2x3). I then went to find some paper that would go with what I had already created...nothing like scrapping on the fly! ;) I ended up picking some My Mind's Eye (Penny Lane) die-cut paper. I just love it!

I got the 8x8 on there and then my pic. Then I decided to put some flowers on. I had some in my "flower drawer" (yes, I have a WHOLE drawer in my studio just for FLOWERS). Most of these were just from past open packs, however; I did trim the back off of some flowers that I had picked up at the Dollar Tree.

After this, the page was still lacking to me, so I found my Martha Stewart tags and put for word that will be "me" forever. Those were: Friend, Daughter, Wife, and Mother. :) Too finish up I just added some bling over the "mother" tag. :)


Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed! :)

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Kathy! I like it and as always, thanks for sharing your awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn! :) I LOVE sharing my awesome-ness with all of my friends (wink, wink). :) You are too kind! :)

    ReplyDelete