Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oooh...some Jillibean goodness! ;)

Well, now that the Jillibean New DT call is over...I can share what I made for it. Now, I didn't get picked, but I will try next year.....I am sure that the ladies picked are AWESOME! :)

There is ONE thing I HATE about DT calls though. I always want to share what I make...I am always crafting and I really do want to share everything I do. I understand why the rules are the way they are, but still; it would be nice to be able to share what you make. ;)

Ok...enough of the SOAP BOX! ;) I am here to share tonight.
Here in Great Falls, since we have lost our only local scrap store (MOMS-which is on-line only now) we can't get any of the not so heavily distributed goods and fun lines that are out there. We can go to Michael's, but they carry the much seen and used companies (Making Memories, American Crafts, Martha Stewart....but are now starting to carry some MME too) and although I love these companies...I like my smaller companies too. :)

Ok...now for the projects. The only Jillibean Soup products I have are the patterned papers and the journaling sprouts. I also only have the papers from her "soup"lines: Minestrone, Black Beans, and Talk Soup. I am hoping that an old store I used to frequent with some old friends in Helena, The Memory Trail, carries Jillibean Soup OR I hope Jeanie gets it in at MOMS.

So, #1 is a LO I did of Sasha with pics that were taken back in 2008. I love these pics! :) I did some work in PSE and changed the colors to sepia. The Jillibean papers I used were: Minestrone, and the flowers were cut out of some Black Bean. The "Take Note", "Look at Me", and the "Happiness is" Journaling and embellies are from the backside of the Minestrone paper. I also used a Jillibean Soup journaling sprout. For other stuff...I used Doodle Bug Designs bling..I think it was black beetle. I also put a Jolee's (I think) Coke Bottle cap on it to finish it up. SUCH A FUN LO! :)
#2 was a LO I did a couple of months ago and sent into Kimber at Jillibean Soup and never heard anything about if she would use it as a reader submission or not...so I am gonna share it. Now, I did share this one on my Facebook page a while back, but now it is on MY blog! ;) This pic was taken in 1978 of me as a baby. ;) The Jillibean papers I used were: Talk Soup (Cup of Yak), the butterflies were cut out of Minestrone (Cup of Leek) and of course the flowers (I love these too much) were from Black Bean. Seriously, is Jill not the best? Love Jillibean. I popped up a lot of the paper embellies I did. I also Stickled the butterflies...so pretty! ;) The last thing I did was spray some lace with some Tattered Angels Coffee and Sandy Beach Glimmer Mists and edged some pieces of paper with my Fiskars Border Punch. I put on some 7gypsies numbers on there (78) and the little rounded rectangle journal spot is from them also.



Last but certainly NOT least is a LO I did of my bestie and I! :) Bex and I made some Divinity Cookies in December. These are super easy and so delicious it will make your head spin. Without getting too much here---your mouth with BURST with happiness! ;) Ok, so for Jillibean stuff I have used the journaling sprouts: one was brown on its own...the other I had to sponge applicate with some Antique Linen Ranger Ink. Then I, of course had a "Dec" journaling sprout on there. I am not sure what the patterned paper is called....if any of you do...email me: 3bears@bresnan.net. I cut the rolling pin and hand mixer out of some Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock with my Cricut using the From My Kitchen Cartridge. :) The "Baking Besties" title was actually from Miss Elizabeth's foam letters and I colored them with my Rich Cocoa Memento Pen/Marker. The "Together" and "Memories of the Heart" stickers are from 7gypsies. :)

Thanks so much for visiting me today! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment