Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Princess! :)

First of all...today was a BEAUTIFUL day because my little girl turned 2! :) It is hard to believe that almost 3 years ago that I was in tears wondering when it would be my turn. After 2 miscarriages and not being able to get preggers forever, I was seeing friends and family getting to have their little miracles with virtually no work, it was hard and upsetting at times.

BUT...I did have faith even when I really didn't want to and in October of 2006, I found out I was preggers! :) Little did I know that I would be seeing what I ate and things I am not sure that I even had in my stomach come up EVERYDAY for nearly 9 months! LOL! I laugh now, but I think that is one of the many reason why I will never want to be preggers again.

It was February when I found out that we were being BLESSED with a GIRL! :) Right away we KNEW her name. We had been looking and debating about several....but the winner was SASHA WREN! :) Oh, how I loved the meaning and the sound! :) Sasha= protector of men and Wren= songbird. I finally got my wish to have PINK everywhere! :) I had been wishing that for a few years since when we had, Jon, I made sure I didn't even use pastels with his decor and clothing!

FINALLY, on June 5th, 2007- Garth and I went to the hospital to start the long process of getting induced. This was at 11am. By 1030pm, I had not progressed passed a 5 and Dr. Handwerk KNEW that I needed a C-section. So, I got prepped and ready for business and around 11pm that night....Sasha was BORN! :) At 8 pounds 6 ounces and 21 1/2" (I think), she was the BIGGEST baby to hit both of our families! :)

It was a trying first few months for me. I had to go to the dr a couple times for a non-stop headache, but after a shot in my posterior end..I was ok! ;) I was fighting post partum depression from July until October, when I talked to my doctor and told her what was going on and she put me on anti-depressants right away and within a couple months I was feeling back to normal and I could focus on my children again. Jon was growing up way to fast as it was and I had this beautiful 4 month old, little girl that I had fought to have. :) Life was good! :)

Before I knew it, June 5th, 2008 came around and I was singing Happy Birthday, to my Little Princess who was turning 1! :) WOW! One year old and just starting to become who she is today at 2! :)

The past two years have been full of firsts. First teeth, first smile, first steps, crawling, talking....laughing. Every bit of it enjoyable...even when it seems hard. When I feel a little overwhelmed by my little diva's "tude"..I think back to almost 3 years ago...when she wasn't in our lives and that is when I know that I am truly blessed. I am blessed to not only have a wonderful, handsome son, but also, my loving, gorgeous little girl! :)

Thanks, GOD! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment