Friday, April 17, 2009

CuttleBug Fun "Springy Flower" Card

I decided to have a little fun with my Cuttlebug (and join their challenge #26) tonight while my Bestie, Bex, was here with me! :) I used a Fiskars embossing plate with it to make my Fun, Springy Flower Card! :)

I cut out a flower shaped card twice (at 6" with the Expression) with my Cricut Wild Card Cartridge. I cut this shape in light purple and white Best Occasions Cardstock. I lined the two card cuts up and adhered the backside (square part) only together. Now, the card cuts out the flower shape on the front of the card with a square backing, but I wanted a circular back, and I didn't feel like messing with my Design Studio, so I enlisted my Creative Memories Circle Cutting System to do the job. I cut the back of the card at a 5 &1/2" circle and made sure that the circle template was overlapping the fold of the card so I wouldn't cut my card into two different pieces.

I then put my Expression into frame mode on the Wild Card Cartridge and cut the flower out in white and pink Best Occasions cardstock. I ran the pink and white flowers through the Cuttlebug (separately) with the dotted Fiskars embossing template and then chalked them with Pebbles Inc. Pearl Chalks (white was colored with pink and pink was colored with white). I did this to bring out the embossed dots a little better.

I did have to use my Fiskars rubbing tool to emboss the purple flower because it was a little too big to go through my Cuttlebug.

I "skewed" the flowers on top of each other (white on top, then purple "card", and last pink). Pierce the 3 layers (be careful not to go through the non-adhered white flower shape of the card) and place a Heidi Swapp Big Bling Brad though the three layers. Then adhere the white flower part of the card to the layers.

I finally stamped the phrase "lean on me" from the CTMH Friendship word stamps set, in CTMH Amethyst ink. I then took a clean Fantastix (tsukineko) pointed end tool and put a little Amethyst ink on the end and made three dots. Then on the inside of the card I stamped, with Amethyst, the phrase, "through happy times and sad", also from the Friendship set. I used the flower border from the same set and stamped the top and bottom of the inside of the card. :)



I just love the end product and hope you will enjoy it too! :) Thanks for looking and visiting! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I like how you staggered the flowers so you could see all of the petals. Great job on this weeks challenge. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete